The creamiest, dreamiest hummus you’ll ever make will come out of your instant pot. While this recipe uses the traditional garbanzo bean, the rich curry flavors keep it interesting.
This quick and easy recipe is mostly hands-off and I jump at an opportunity to use my instant pot. I know that sounds a tad overly enthusiastic, but vegan instant pot recipes just aren’t that abundant. And while that pressure cooker is working it’s magic, you’re just sitting back and relaxing, waiting to mix it all up.
Most hummuses start with the basics: garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon, garlic and olive oil. Where you take it from there is entirely up to you. I made this version with a curry flair, but really you can use just about anything to spice it up or leave it plain.
You could also use:
cilantro and jalapeno
Regardless of which flavor profile you choose, hummus is a fabulous snack, sandwich spread or addition to a bowl.
In addition to curry, this recipe also incorporates turmeric, which I love for it’s anti-inflammatory properties. So much so, I once made a turmeric paste facial mask (thank you Pinterest) and had that yellow jaundice glow for DAYS. If not for the stained skin, I have no doubt turmeric would have made my face as radiant as it was on my 18th birthday.
Bonus, it’s also gluten-free and pair perfectly with our gluten-free Seeded Quinoa Crackers. Here’s the recipe:
Other great vegan instant pot recipes:
Other chickpea recipes:
- Soak your garbanzo beans over night.
- Add garbanzo beans along with 4 cups of water to your Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Set your Instant Pot to High Pressure and adjust the timer to 25 minutes. Twist the lid to lock and make sure the pressure valve is closed.
- When the cooking time is up, turn off your Instant Pot and allow the pressure to come down naturally for 15–20 minutes. Then eliminate any remaining pressure using the quick release valve before unlocking the lid.
- Let the garbanzo beans cool a bit before adding them to your food processor.
- To the large bowl of a food processor, add cooked garbanzo beans, tahini, olive oil, garlic, curry, turmeric, cayenne, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Blend until very creamy, adding water as needed and adjusting spices to your liking.
- Top with fresh cilantro or parsley and serve with your favorite vegetables, pita or crackers.
Keywords: hummus, curry, vegan, instant pot, vegan instant pot, snacks, sides, vegan snacks, vegan sides