Who doesn't like a jam packed loaded baked potato, overflowing with cheesy sauce and all sorts of delicious bits?! For this recipe, look for evenly sized russet potatoes with firm, unblemished skin. You can substitute sweet potatoes or yams for the russet potatoes.
If you don’t want to use the microwave, place the potatoes directly on the middle rack of a 350-degree oven and bake until tender, about 1 hour and 15 minutes. In the picture, I used the cheese sauce from the Vegan Macaroni and Cheese post. It is superb if you have a little extra time or just set some aside next time you make it.
Vegan sour cream is a snap, if you want to forgo the processed options and make your own. Just chill a can of coconut cream in the refrigerator overnight. Add the juice of a lime (or lemon) and a little salt. Mix well.
Nutritional info for this recipe is very approximate, and will depend on the toppings you choose to smother your potato with.
Loaded Baked Potatoes
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: sides
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- Diet: Vegan
Who doesn't like jam packed loaded baked potatoes, overflowing with cheesy sauce? Substitute sweet potatoes for a healthier option.
- 2 medium russet potatoes (about 1 lb.), scrubbed and dried (or sweet potatoes)
- 2 tbsp. Earth Balance
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed
- ½ cup canned garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup vegan bacon bits, optional
- ½ cup vegan sour cream, optional
- vegan cheese sauce, optional
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Poke several holes in each potato with tines of fork and microwave potatoes on high until slightly soft to the touch, 6 to 12 minutes, turning them over halfway through.
- Carefully transfer potatoes to oven and cook directly on hot oven rack until skewer glides easily through flesh, about 20 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and make dotted X on top of each potato with tines of fork. Press in at ends of each potato to push flesh up and out. Top with Earth Balance, broccoli, cheddar, salt, and pepper. and bacon bits (if using) and serve.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 120
- Sugar: 3
- Sodium: 741
- Fat: 16
- Carbohydrates: 59
- Fiber: 6
- Protein: 9
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: vegan baked potatoes
Hey Tabitha! You can find the sauce recipe here, https://wellvegan.com/recipe/vegan-macaroni-cheese. It's the one we use for our mac and cheese and loaded sweet potato nachos too!
Where’s the sauce recipe ?
Here's an updated link for Earth Balance's stance on palm oil: https://earthbalancenatural.com/lifestyle/leading-change-for-responsible-palm-oil/
Excited to try this recipe tonight!
Yep, for the potatoes. A little extra protein 🙂
I'm assuming the garbanzo beans are for the potato too? Or are they for the salad?
These were awesome when I put vegan carbonara, soy cheese and Sour Supreme on top.
I love baked potatoes but the topping is always hard to figure out, so really big thumbs up for this one!!