This is one of those recipes Kate wrote years ago that took forever to make it to the site. I've kept it close at hand - in a todo app - and have made it countless times over the years. It's simple, it's clean and so good.
It is the perfect hearty breakfast or easy weeknight dinner. You can eat it alone, wrapped in a tortilla or paired with our hashed browns.Print
Scrambled tofu with greens is the perfect hearty breakfast or easy weeknight dinner! You can eat it alone, wrapped in a tortilla or paired with our hashed browns.
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 lb. extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups broccoli, finely chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- Melt coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Using your hands, crumble the tofu into the pan. Season with turmeric and sea salt. Mix well to combine.
- Add the minced garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in the broccoli and green onion and continue to sauté until the veggies are bright green, about two minutes. Add the spinach and cook until just wilted about 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Season with fresh black pepper and another pinch of salt, to taste. Serve warm.
Keywords: easy vegan breakfast, easy scrambled tofu